[Tinyos-devel] Retiring tinyos-2_0_devel-BRANCH

Philip Levis pal at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 14 16:51:39 PST 2006

Earlier this week, Vlado merged all of the fixes in the 2.0 release
and -devel branches into the HEAD branch of the tinyos-2.x CVS
module. The intention is that active development will now mostly
occur on HEAD, with the exception that major system revisions (which
need to go through partially-working states) will occur on separate
branches. I've removed write access to the -devel and -release
branches. So from now on, if you want the most up to date TinyOS 2.0
code, you do not need to use a branch tag.

If you currently have CVS checked out on a branch, the easiest way to
update to HEAD is with the -A flag.

cd src/tinyos-2.x
cvs -z3 update -dP -A

This clears all tags from your checkout.

This transition doesn't mean that the code is set in stone, as the
recent discussions about the low-level serial interfaces shows.
Rather, it's now in a stable enough state that you should be able to
check it out and use it.

Next week I'm going to be sending out information on the new bug
reporting approach. I think many people would agree that the current
one is pretty lackluster, so we're going to try something different
that will help monitoring and get bug fixes into the tree.

Phil