[Tinyos-devel] AVR binutils problems: whither the AVR toolchain?

Kristin Wright l.kristin.wright at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:33:55 PST 2006

oh, yeah. we just throw those source files up there without any
testing at all. just willy nilly

:)

those source files do work with the avr platforms. I assume since
you're building from source that you have something that the provided
rpms won't build on. (and a side note: ben greenstein has translated
them to debian packages relatively easily using some rpm conversion
tool).

Looking at the spec from which the rpms are created, it looks as if
all you need is this:
./configure --target=avr

Also, the entire build process is checked into the source tree in the
form of rpm spec files. The 1.2 version of the tools is in
tinyos-1.x/tools/release. All the spec files are exactly the ones used
to create the rpms. (These files are used for both 2.x and 1.x since
the tool-chain is compatible.) You will find the msp and avr toolchain
spec files there.

-kw