[Tinyos-devel] C++ serial forwarder for tinyos 2

Philip Levis pal at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 3 11:48:51 PDT 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 8:54 AM, David Gay wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea to me :-) If you want to distribute it to the
> community, there's two obvious choices:
> - add it to the tinyos2 contrib stuff
> - create tinyos-2.x/support/sdk/c++ - some caveats:
>  * we may or may not have a policy that core stuff works in both
> Linux and Windows/cygwin
>    - Phil?

Requiring both platforms is a good policy to follow; otherwise we end
up with lots of incompatible tools and things like tutorials become
difficult to write. While a significant portion of heavy users run
Linux, Windows users are by far the overall majority.

>  * I can't remember if we've set any guidelines on core
> contributions - Phil?

Basically, what you point out below -- a commitment so supporting the
code for a reasonable amount of time, typically a year.

> In both cases, there is an expectation that you will provide (or get
> someone else to provide) at least medium-term support (bug fixes,
> etc).

Correct.

Phil