[Tinyos-devel] Supporting 64-bit JDKs

David Gay dgay42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:45:33 PDT 2007

I've made an update to the JNI code in tinyos-2.x/tools to support 64-bit JDKs:
- we now build both 32 and 64-bit versions of the JNI code
- both versions are placed in the rpm
- the tos-install-jni script, and the rpm spec install the appropriate
version based on the current JDK (it just checks the executable type
of the java executable...)
- this change is Linux only (if someone wants to support 64-bit JDKs
on Windows, please go ahead...)

This means that the tinyos-tools RPM for Linux *must* be built on a
machine which can compile 64-bit applications. You can build the tools
on a machine w/o this support, but you get a warning message during
make (this is so people installing from source and w/o a 64-bit
environment don't have to actually install a 64-bit environment).

If someone has a better idea for supporting both 32 and 64 bit JDKs,
go ahead and change the scripts, make and configure stuff :-)

David Gay