[Tinyos-devel] Queues with remove(element), isEnqueued(element), and other commands

David Moss dmm at rincon.com
Fri Jun 22 22:11:17 PDT 2007

Hugo -

I agree that Queue interfaces could be more useful by stepping back and
looking at all the different use cases to combine them into one set of
useful interfaces.  Since Queueing and other infrastructure building blocks
are essential for quick development of TinyOS applications, it would be wise
to make a unified queue interface as useful and robust as possible.

After talking with Phil some more about this, what we'll do is pull the new
FifoQueue component out of the baseline for now so its interface is not
permanently cast into TinyOS.  Then, we'll define some broad, useful Queue
interface to support many the types of behavior, including the ones you are
mentioning.  Finally, we (anybody) can implement various Queues using the
unified Queue interfaces.

-David