[Tinyos-devel] platforms with 4 leds

Michael Newman mnewman at dragonnorth.com
Sun Jun 24 19:59:50 PDT 2007

I agree with Philip about the problems of failing silently and think that we
should eliminate those problems by producing warnings when an unimplemented
LED is used.

I think that two interfaces would not be the best implementation. The user
of the interface might be a middle tier service that does not, and should
not, know or care if the application permits a particular LED to be missing
or not. This knowledge belongs only to the highest level of the application.

The best implementation in my opinion would be a single interface and would
throw warnings if the application used an LED that did not exist. Then at
the highest level the application can declare which LEDs it is permitted to
have an empty implementation for, which turns off the warnings.