[Tinyos-devel] current draw in deep sleep for telosb

Razvan Musaloiu-E. razvanm at cs.jhu.edu
Sat Jun 30 13:59:09 PDT 2007

Hi!

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007, Vlado Handziski wrote:

> I suspect a HW problem on your testing node. Have you tried with another
> one?

I tried with several of the tmote skys I have around. The effect is most
visible (and persistent) on the ones which have the 10-pin connector
populated with pins. When I touch the I2C Clock pin the current changes.

I was able to replicate the problem also on a mote without pins by
touching with my finger the 10-pin connector on the area of the I2C Clock
hole. The increase in this case was only temporary though. :P

I just checked and the problem is also reproducible in XubunTOS using the
T2 version 2.0.1.

> The content of MotePlatformC has been stable for a long time and Null
> consumes ~ 7-8uA on a sensor populated node without any modifications to the
> code.

I think it looks stable because on a mote without pins on the 10-pin
connector the situation is stable unless you start touching it.

> In general, when not used, the pins on the msp430 are put in input to
> reduce the leakage currents.

My hardware knowledge is limited so I cannot really argue why puling that
pin to zero helps. I just experimentally noticed that it does. :-)

--
Razvan ME