[Tinyos-devel] Naming convention was ( Removing useless wrappers)

John Griessen john at ecosensory.com
Mon Oct 8 12:33:56 PDT 2007

Philip Levis wrote:

>>> I think it was that way for the random number generators because the
>>> C's at one point did the autowiring to SoftwareInit. That has since
>>> moved into RandomC. To be honest, it should be in the C's, so that
>>> you can use them without wiring to SoftwareInit.
>>
>> So do the following changes:
>>
>> RandomC is just a selection of RandomMlcgC
>> RandomLfsrC/RandomMlcgC do the Init auto-wiring
>>
>> NoLedsP replaces NoLedsC
>
> Sounds good to me. Yay code refactoring.

As I understand the naming convention, C's stand for common, and P's stand for private,
and a configuration can stand alone, but a module needs a configuration.
Modules and configurations can be either P's or C's.

What else makes a concise rule set for naming?

Thanks,

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1