[Tinyos-devel] Contributing code: TOSSIM with CC2420 support

Srikanth Nori srikanthnv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:58:09 PST 2012

Hi all,

I have a question on contributing code to TinyOS. (My apologies in
advance if I have posted this to the wrong mailing list)

We have made some changes to the TinyOS hosted off the Google code
repository to enable CC2420 simulation on TOSSIM.

We took the changes from
http://hinrg.cs.jhu.edu/git/?p=mike/tinyos-2.x.git and ported them
over onto a version of TinyOS that we pulled from the Google code
repository about 2-3 months ago.

We have done some verification: Existing apps like RadioCountToLeds,
EasyCollection, etc run on both TOSSIM and micaZ. Newer apps that we
wrote that utilize CC2420 features also work on micaZ motes and
TOSSIM. We would like to make this available for anyone who might want
to use it, and to get feedback about the code from other developers.

How do we go about adding contributions to the newer repository?

I see instructions here
(http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Contributing_Code_to_TinyOS)
for the older SourceForge repository, but I am not sure what the
current policies are for Google code repository.

Just for reference - the complete TinyOS source tree in its current
form with CC2420/TOSSIM support is available here:
http://anrg.usc.edu/www/index.php/Downloads - see item 20.

--
Srikanth