[Tinyos-help] mica2dot temperature sensor

Ömer Sinan Kaya oskaya at softhome.net
Sat Jan 10 04:30:17 PST 2004

i think you should call temperature sensors getdata function instead of
calling some function in hardware.h . It shouldn't be different from
acquiring data from photo sensor or other sensor. I remember having
written an application to receive data from Temp sensor on Mica2 mote
which used to work correctly. Received data should be converted to
celsius using a formula which is found in the datasheet of Mica2.
However, for the case of mica2dot we have received varying data with
temperature increase and decrease but we couldn't find a formula to
convert it to celsius.

Mythili Srinivasan wrote:

>Hi!
>  I'm trying to get the onboard temperature sensor's value of mica2dot.
>I modified the OscilloscopeRF application to get the data. As I
>couldn't find ADC component for mica2dot (is it b'coz of internal
>ADC?), I tried calling getADC() function available in hardware.h...
>This ofcourse gets compiled properly. But,the values that I see doesn't
>make much sense as there is no variation in the values due to some
>temperature change. One thing I observed is that the MSB is always 0x02
>and LSB keeps changing in a random fashion. Can anyone suggest me how
>to proceed? Does anyone possess a working 'mica2dot' temperature data
>acquisition program?
>Any suggestions are welcome.
>Thanks,
>Mythili Srinivasan

Ömer Sinan KAYA
oskaya at softhome.net
http://skaya.cjb.net

SeMA Working Group
Computer Engineering at Yeditepe University,Istanbul,Turkey
http://ics.yeditepe.edu.tr/tnl