[Tinyos-help] mica2dot temperature sensor

Mythili Srinivasan s_mythili at da-iict.org
Sat Jan 10 08:33:07 PST 2004

Hi!
  I did try like this for Mica2 and it gives me correct results. For
mica2dot, I made the application to call getData() instead of getADC
()... Still the problem persists. I doubt whether just by accessing the
ADC, it gives temperature sensor's value. I just want to know which
components did you use. 'Temp' is one available for temperature. What
else and how should I use? Am I making some mistake in accessing the
Temperature sensor?
thanks in advance,
Mythili Srinivasan

> i think you should call temperature sensors getdata function instead
of
> calling some function in hardware.h . It shouldn't be different from
> acquiring data from photo sensor or other sensor. I remember having
> written an application to receive data from Temp sensor on Mica2 mote
> which used to work correctly. Received data should be converted to
> celsius using a formula which is found in the datasheet of Mica2.
> However, for the case of mica2dot we have received varying data with
> temperature increase and decrease but we couldn't find a formula to
> convert it to celsius.
>

> Mythili Srinivasan wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >  I'm trying to get the onboard temperature sensor's value of
mica2dot.
> >I modified the OscilloscopeRF application to get the data. As I
> >couldn't find ADC component for mica2dot (is it b'coz of internal
> >ADC?), I tried calling getADC() function available in hardware.h...
> >This ofcourse gets compiled properly. But,the values that I see
doesn't
> >make much sense as there is no variation in the values due to some
> >temperature change. One thing I observed is that the MSB is always
0x02
> >and LSB keeps changing in a random fashion. Can anyone suggest me
how
> >to proceed? Does anyone possess a working 'mica2dot' temperature
data
> >acquisition program?
> >Any suggestions are welcome.
> >Thanks,
> >Mythili Srinivasan

> Ömer Sinan KAYA
> oskaya at softhome.net
> http://skaya.cjb.net
>
> SeMA Working Group
> Computer Engineering at Yeditepe University,Istanbul,Turkey
> http://ics.yeditepe.edu.tr/tnl

Mythili Srinivasan

( M.Tech ICT)
DA-IICT                                   Plot# 1270/2,Sector-2A,
Near Indroda Circle,		          Gandhinagar,
Gandhinagar,                              Gujarat - 382 002
Gujarat - 382009