[Tinyos-help] strange behaviour of TinyDB in Tossim

Joachim Praetorius artus at cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 14 07:17:47 PST 2004

Hi,

I try to have TinyDB running in Tossim, to contact with it for
(later) running some Java-Applications.
To check my installation I run the TinyDBMain application against
simulated nodes.
Now I have the effect that my queries do not get routed within the network
(at least it seems like this). The output looks something like this:

-snip-
> java net.tinyos.tinydb.TinDBMain -sim -run 'select nodeid'

SIM: Reading command from client fd 7
SIM: Reading in GuiMsg header of size 14 with length 0
SIM: Command type 8 mote 0 time 0x0 payloadlen 0
1: SIM: Reading in GuiMsg payload of size 15 with length 0
1: SIM: Read from command port, total: 15, need 0
1: SIM: Enqueuing command event 0x83e3430
SIM: Handling incoming command type 8 for mote 0
SIM: Enqueueing UART message for mote 0 (payloadlen 15)
SIM: Reading command from client fd 7
SIM: Reading in GuiMsg header of size 14 with length 0
SIM: Command type 8 mote 0 time 0x0 payloadlen 0
2: SIM: Reading in GuiMsg payload of size 45 with length 0
2: SIM: Read from command port, total: 45, need 0
2: SIM: Enqueuing command event 0x83e34d0
SIM: Handling incoming command type 8 for mote 0
SIM: Enqueueing UART message for mote 0 (payloadlen 45)

-snip-

and there it gets stuck (DBG is set to usr1,sim). I've left the
tinydb.conf untouched so it seems to be no problem with the group-id
(besides there are no "wrong group id" messages). This happens here on a
RH9.0 installation as well as in an WinXP installation. What makes me most
puzzled is that it works on my third pc under Win2000.

any hints?

regards,
joachim