[Tinyos-help] (no subject)

Josep Jorba i Jorba jorba at gmx.net
Tue Jan 20 04:18:35 PST 2004

Hi all,

   I had some software which ran on TinyOS v1.0, and I'm supposed to port it
to TinyOS v1.1 with its new radio stack for the CC1000. I've had a look to
the code of this radio stack, and as far as I've seen, there's no ARQ
mechanism at data link layer (it doesn't send ACK signals when a packet is
succesfully received). I wonder.. isn't this a problem in terms of data
throughtput,
that you have to send ack signals from an upper layer by using a whole
tinyOS
packet?? Or maybe am I wrong and the ACK are indeed sent at the data link
layer? How do you know when a packet is succesfully sent without using extra
channel capacity? I've also seen that it doesn't use any kind of channel
coding
for the information. Doesn't it become a problem in front of the radio stack
for the TR1001, that used info encoding?

Thanks.-

Josep Jorba i Jorba  - jorba at gmx.net
Mob: +49/(0)17620114456 (the (0) only calling from Germany)
Mob (2): +34/687973664

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail