[Tinyos-help] Matchbox signed byte data corrupted through UART

Scott Schoen schoen at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 12:31:04 PST 2004

I'm using the TestRemote application under
$TOSROOT/apps/TestMatchbox/Remote/ which uses UARTComm as Comm and wires
it up directly to the ReceiveMsg and SendMsg interfaces used by the
Remote component (under $TOSROOT/tos/lib/FS/).

components Remote, UARTComm as Comm ...

Remote.ReceiveCommandMsg -> Comm.ReceiveMsg[AM_FSOPMSG]
Remote.SendReplyMsg -> Comm.SendMsg[AM_FSREPLYMSG]
Remote.sendDone <- Comm;

Note that I only tested near and around that range of bytes, I'm not
sure if there are other ranges of bytes with the high end bit set that
also cause problems.

Also, I have my serial port (COM3) set up with the following parameters:

Bits per second: 57600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control None

Are there any other options for communicating with the TestRemote app
across the serial port that don't involve special flag bytes?

Thanks,
Scott