[Tinyos-help] question on tinyos uart

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd at diku.dk
Fri Jan 23 04:27:13 PST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Philip Levis wrote:

> I'll admit that it's news to me that people's current uses require
> changing all of these parameters. We are, unfortunately, not
> omniscient; unless someone tells us there is a problem (e.g., "I use
> UART1, and need settings different than the default ones. A way to
> change the settings through an interface would be helpful.") we
> generally can't do much about it. We welcome suggestions for changes to
> make current implementations more useful to the community.

In contrib/tinybt/tos/platform/btnode2_2/HPLBTUART0M.nc there is a setRate
function that may work with mica hardware too. (Not so much for you
Phillip, as for anyone else reading this message).

Its not very generic though - actually it may not be appropriate at all,
as we changed the interrupt handling to allow greater throughput
(400kbps IIRC).

Mads