[Tinyos-help] TINYOSDIR

Mesarina, Malena malena at exch.hpl.hp.com
Wed Jan 21 16:33:34 PST 2004

Hi,

In the installation isntructions for tinyos-1.1.0-1.noarch.rpm the following rpm command is given:

rpm -ivh TINYOSDIR --prefix tinyos-1.1.0-internal3.1.noarch.rpm

1. My first question is about the rpm file itself. First tinyos-1.1.0-internal3.1.noarch.rpm  seems to be the wrong rpm, since in fact what you download is tinyos-1.1.0-1.noarch.rpm

2. My second question is about TINYOSDIR. Where is this environment variable declared?
Also the rpm command wants to see the prefix value after the --prefix option.
And also I found out that TINYOSDIR is supposed to be set to /opt?

If I just use TINYOSDIR, my shell doesn't know what TINYOSDIR is, so is this variable supposed to be set during the rpm installation automatically?

Thank you

-Malena