[Tinyos-help] plzz help...cant start TinyDB !

Kristin Wright kwright at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 30 11:59:43 PST 2004

The files in tools/java/net/tinyos/sim/msg are generated automatically by
mig. Mig is used to generate the java version of a tinyos message structure.
This way java tools can easily access identical msg data structures without
requiring the programmer to update two sets: one in java and one in c (well,
nesc).  Take a look at the file MicaHWVerify/jmakefile - that's the makefile
for the java MicaHWVerify client. You'll see a call to mig there.

So the question is: why haven't your mig files been generated for tinydb?
Did you try doing a 'make'  from the tools/java directory? I see that if I
do 'make' in net/tinyos/tinydb my tinyos.sim mig files are created - does
that work for you?

-kw

  _____