[Tinyos-help] Compile Error

Anuradha Eragani aeragani at uno.edu
Tue Oct 3 10:21:28 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I recently upgraded TinyOS on my machine from 1.1.0 to 1.1.15 and since
then, I'm encountering the following message when I'm trying to compile an
application. I noticed that all of them are warnings but was wondering if I
need to change anything while compiling. All I'm doing is type "make pc" to
generate TOSSIM specific files. Any helpful info is welcome.

C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\tos\system\ADCM.nc: In function
`ADCM$startGet':

C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\tos\system\ADCM.nc:136: warning: comparison
is always false due to limited range of data type

C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\tos\platform\pc\PowerStateM.nc: In function
`__nesc_nido_initialise':

C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\tos\platform\pc\PowerStateM.nc:770: warning:
passing arg 1 of `memset' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\tos\platform\pc\PowerStateM.nc:824: warning:
passing arg 1 of `memset' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

    compiled SendReceive to build/pc/main.exe

Thanks in advance,

Anu