[Tinyos-help] Changing NREADING in OscilloscopeC

Mehmet Akif Antepli akifantepli at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 03:38:43 PDT 2010

Hi Omar,

>> Just to let you know that it is mentioned in the Oscilloscope.h that
increasing the number of readings per message may require >> to increase the
size of message_t. So, how can I increase it ?

Default payload length is 28 bytes (TOSH_DATA_LENGTH=28 defined in
/tinyos-2.1.0/tos/types/message.h). Wen you increase the NREADINGS,
calculate the total payload size and add the following line into the make of
Oscilloscope application:

CFLAGS += -DTOSH_DATA_LENGTH=xxx

xxx is your new payload size. So, you can increase packet length this way.
Then
regenerate OscilloscopeMsg.java file, clean and rebuild java application.

>> What I understood from your message is that I should generate manually
the OscilloscopeMsg.java file using
>> MIG tool after I set the new value of NREADINGS, but this will be done
automatically in the Makefile which is in >> the Oscilloscope Java project
folder and the new OscilloscopeMsg.java file will be generated with the new
setting >> of NREADINGS. By opening the new OscilloscopeMsg.java file I can
see any change in NREADINGS value.

Exactly

Since i have ported all the java and tinyos applications that i use in
Eclipse, i try to do every change through the IDE. Thats why i use Yeti2 mig
interface to regenerate OscilloscopeMsg.java file.

I dont want to memorize every makefile and application directory, that my
laziness :)

Regards,