[Tinyos-help] Tinyos Delay

Deeksha Rao Sahib ecedeek at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Apr 6 05:56:39 PDT 2010

Hi,

If the delays are due to backoffs then disabling the CCA should give me
lesser delay rite??

But its still the same..

Printing local times at CC2420 Transmit and Receive programs what i found
out is that at the sender there is a min delay of 9ms between call
AMSend.send command and the SendDone event.

Also at the receiver side there is a delay of 13ms by the time receive
event is triggered in the application when compared with the timestamp..

Can these delays be trusted or is there any mistake in this analysis??

>> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Deeksha  Rao Sahib
>> <ecedeek at ece.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am using FTSP in my code for time sync and I've been trying to
>>> measure
>>> the hop delay for different links in the network. From the initial
>>> tests
>>> using global time and the timestamps i figure out that the per hop
>>> delay
>>> is about 20 ms.
>>>
>>> My applications requires that this delay be minimized. How can this be
>>> done??
>>> Any inputs would help...
>>
>> Some of that delay is due to MAC backoffs etc. before the packets are
>> sent. You can reduce them but that can invite suboptimal MAC
>> performance.
>>
>> - om_p
>>
>> --
>> believed to be clean.