[Tinyos-help] JNI Questions

Michael Schippling schip at santafe.edu
Wed Apr 7 13:55:39 PDT 2010

Yes, putting the dlls etal into the JRE tree (if you can
figure out WHICH JRE) works as advertised. I don't know,
but would suspect, that java.library.path works much like
LD_LIB_PATH to specify additional shared object directories.
Libs may also be found in any of the directories in the PATH,
like WINDOWS/system32

MS

Ruben Rios wrote:
> Thank you guys for your replies. Finally I got it to work with the
> toscomm.dll and getenv.dll library from TinyOS by just linking the
> tinyos.jar with these libraries in Eclipse. Then I created an
> executable jar file with my project and I just need to have these dll
> files in the same directory as the jar. The exception I was having was
> caused by an VMWare machine which was running on my PC and had the
> serial port busy.
>
> By the way, Michael when you say that's what you have in your JRE, you
> mean that you placed these files in the corresponding directories,
> right? Does this have anything to do with the java.library.path ?
>
> Regards
>
> 2010/4/7 Michael Schippling <schip at santafe.edu>:
>> okokok, I use the old snuffly javacomm20 for windows not TOSComm,
>> but here's what I have in my JRE:
>>
>>    jre/bin:
>>        getenv.dll  win32com.dll
>>    jre/lib:
>>        javax.comm.properties
>>      jre/lib/ext:
>>          comm.jar
>>
>> I don't know if TOSComm's uses the old comm.jar or something else,
>> nor what it's dll file name might be, but you probably need a
>> simulacra of each of the files shown.
>>
>> MS
>>
>> David Conde wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I had a similar problem because I did not have permission for reading
>>> javax.comm.properties file but I was using UBUNTU Operative System, so I
>>> guess in Windows should not be a problem.
>>>
>>> Do you have javax.comm installed in your computer?If you do, do you have
>>> javax.comm.properties in the right place?
>>>
>>> Regards

>>> directory (where my app is running) but I still get the following