[Tinyos-help] not able to receive packet from PC

Xiaodong Wang xwang43 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 05:14:27 PDT 2010

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried the tutorial. That's why I found the
problem. The tutorial uses the TestSerial to send the packet to Mote from
PC. Upon receiving the first packet from PC at the mote, a periodic timer is
set up and periodically fires to send packet from mote to PC. Am I
undertanding this correctly?

My problem now is the timer is never set up because the receiving event of
mote from pc never executes, which sounds like no packet is received ever.
But actually the PC is sending correctly.

I am  using Telosb mote with correct port. Any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Xiaodong Wang

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Arik Sapojnik <sapojnik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you are sending to the incorrect com port (do you have several
> motes attached)?
> Did you try the tutorial Mote-PC communication
> http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Mote-PC_serial_communication_and_SerialForwarder
> ?
>
> Arik
>

>   On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 06:05, Xiaodong Wang <xwang43 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   Hi all,
>>
>> I try to TestSerial to receive pacekt from PC. However, while the PC is
>> running "java testserial -comm ....." and sendin packet, the mote receives
>> nothing. It appears to me that the below function in TestSerialC.nc
>>
>> event message_t* Receive.receive(message_t* bufPtr,
>>        void* payload, uint8_t len) {
>> call Leds.set(7);
>> }
>>
>> is never executed. The LED never light up.
>>
>> Any idea what the problem is?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Xiaodong Wang

> Best Regards,