[Tinyos-help] transmission power setting in T2

Xiaodong Wang xwang43 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:38:32 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the transmission power setting in TinyOS 2. It
seems that the using CC2420Packet interface, we can set transmission power
for each packet.

Now here comes the question. If we are using multihop forwarding, such as
CTPforwarding engine, do we need modify the forwarding engine to set the
power for each outgoing packet? Since if acting as a forwarder, the packet
is not seen at the application level but only in the forwarding engine. I am
just afraid that the power setting we put in the application level is only
used for packet created by the application level, since it is a setting for
each packet.

Thanks,
David