[Tinyos-help] Tossim

Philip Levis pal at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 19 18:03:00 PDT 2010

On Apr 19, 2010, at 1:24 PM, Alexandre Locci Martins wrote:

> Hi
>
> I m trying run tossim but it does not work.
> I try
>
> $make micaz sim
>
> and the output is
>

> *** Successfully built micaz TOSSIM library.
>
> But tossim cant create the 'main.exe' file to run the gui!
> My OS is Ubuntu 9.10.

Please read the TOSSIM tutorial. Unlike in 1.x, where compiling TOSSIM produced an executable, in TinyOS 2.x, compiling TOSSIM produces a shared library. You can then use this shared library to script a simulation in Python or write a driver in C++. The tutorial on docs.tinyos.net has the details.

Phil