[Tinyos-help] How to connect to tiny mote from windows

ashkan ekhtiari ashkan.ekhtiari at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 04:47:16 PDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I have an already available application in java on ubuntu which communicates
with mote via net.tinyos.tools package, but since I have an application in
VB that runs just on windows and there is no API available for that to be
ran on Linux so I have to run my application in windows,
I made reference to Jar files on windows, now it runs but after trying to
communicate with COM port including mote I get the following error :

The toscomm JNI library was not found.
Check that your tinyos-tools package is installed and try
rerunning tos-install-jni.
Aborting.
Java Result: 1

It seems that I have to provide windows with the tinyos tools but no idea if
there is any way to install or reference tinyos.tools in windows without
using virtual machine. maybe to compile java files and use them in certain
folders, or someway port the java files so that they would be compatiible
with windows.

--
Best Regards
Ashkan Ekhtiari