[Tinyos-help] Duplicate packets in TOSSIM

Anurag Rai anuragrai134 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 20:30:59 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I am using TOSSIM with serialforwarder to send packets to the simulation
from an outside client. I searched the code a bit and found that as soon as
a packet is received by SF it inserts it into the eventHeap with time
stamp(sim_time) as key. For debugging I printed the packet just before
sim_queue_insert and after it is returned to the SerialReceive.receive. I
have marked my packets with sequence number. Now just before the  insert
packets are being inserted but when they are received at
receive,occasionally,  one of them gets lost and one gets duplicated. eg.
100,101,102 get inserted but  I get 100 102 102 at receive.
I am wondering whether concurrency issues(wrt heap) could be one of the
reasons. Someone please throw some light.

regards,
Anurag Rai.