[Tinyos-help] tos-bsl upload with telosb

Michael Schippling schip at santafe.edu
Tue Mar 8 11:32:06 PST 2011

With a little slipperyness you can grab the intermediate file
produced by the object modifier code and then use that to download
with bsl. Here's a script I extracted to do the node-id set and
download for telosb under T1. It presumes the compiled result is
in "main.ihex", makes a "main.ihex.out-1" file for ID #1 and then
installs the boot 'sector' and your code. All you need from the
tinyos distrib are the two programs "set-mote-id", "tmote-bsl"
and the boot code. If you use T2 you should be able to extract
a similar script from the final thrashings of a regular build
as well.

# set the ID to #1
C:/cygwin/opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/make/msp/set-mote-id --objcopy \
msp430-objcopy --objdump msp430-objdump --target ihex \
build/tmote/main.ihex build/tmote/main.ihex.out-1 1
# install tmote bootloader with application using bsl
tmote-bsl -c auto -e -p \
C:/cygwin/opt/tinyos-1.x/tos/lib/Deluge/TOSBoot/build/telosb/main.ihex \
-p build/tmote/main.ihex.out-1 -r --telosb

MS