[Tinyos-help] [Avrora] Understanding the energy consumption

Hamid Rafiei Karkvandi hamid.rafiei at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:26:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am not skilled in using Avrora, but I think the problem you are dealing
with might be due to staggering you are using, I am not sure what is the
cycle duration you are using, but as I know the staggering you are using
turns the motes on sequentially at 0, 1*Stagger_time, 2*Stagger_time and
... 10*Stagger_time, this means node 10 will turn on later than the node 0
and therefore send less packets, I can suggest you either lower the
staggering time or do the simulations for a longer time, for better
observations I suggest you keep track of the number of transmissions done
by each mote, Please let me know if this was the case,

Regards,

Hamid Rafiei Karkvandi