[Tinyos-help] McuSleep with TinyOs 2.1.0 ( Tinynode platform - MSP430 )

Enrico Giarola giarola at disi.unitn.it
Fri Aug 24 03:17:12 PDT 2012

Dear All,

  I am using Tinyos 2.1.0 on the tinynode platform.
My code is very complex, but on a specific node, most of times, there is
only a timer active (I make some computations, start the RadioControl,
send a message and stop the RadioControl).
In the RadioContol.stopDone event I put the "atomic call
McuSleep.sleep();" but the consumption of the tinynode remains 2 mA.
In the Tinynode Datasheet this consumption is declared when the MSP430
is active.

I define the component in this way:
components McuSleep;
FirmwareC.McuSleep -> McuSleepC.McuSleep;

Is it corret that in this configuration the MSP430 remains active?

What should I do to put the MSP430 in sleep mode?

Best Regards
Enrico Giarola

Enrico Giarola, Junior Researcher
ELEDIA Research Center
http://www.eledia.ing.unitn.it
University of Trento - DISI
Via Sommarive 14, Povo I-38123, Trento (Italy)
Tel.:   +39 0461 28 3922 @ DISI
Fax.:   +39 0461 28 3922
E-mail:giarola at disi.unitn.it