[Tinyos-help] How to reduce power consumption in the ATM1281

Sergio Gonzalez sergiog at ece.ubc.ca
Tue Aug 28 22:17:21 PDT 2012

Hello,

I've been able to somewhat reduce the power consumed by an ATM1281-based
Zigbit device by switching off the radio and the UART port (via
SerialActiveMessageC) during periods of inactivity, but I've been unable
to get below 0.4 mA. I tried to explicitly disable the I2C bus as well
as, but there was no change. The corresponding fuses for the watchdog
timer, the brownout detector and the on-chip debugger are already
(un)programmed. I also tried lowering the MCU's clock frequency, but
anything other than 8 Mhz won't compile. Stopping the ADC converter does
not seem to make any difference either. Has anybody had better luck with
an Iris, Meshbean, or any other device with the ATM1281/RF230 combo?

Thanks,

Sergio