[Tinyos-help] Assign value to an array NesC

Jenis Modi jenis.modi at email.wsu.edu
Sun Dec 1 18:51:20 PST 2013

I think you should try and understand your code. If you provide 2 lines
of code, noone is going to help you (don't send me full code now, think
yourself why removing for loop is resolving your problem). These are
very basic questions and noone will reply you for it. Try to send
questions at one shot. If you need more understanding of tinyos or nesc
or c, you should first look up tutorial for them. There is also a tinyos
programming book.

On 12/02/2013 02:20 AM, nivedita datta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to initialize the values in an array by using the
> following command:
>
> *uint8_t i;*
> *uint8_t in[16] =
> {0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00};*
> *
> *
> *    for (i=0; i<10; i++) {*
> *      in[i] = i; }*
>
> However I am getting error message saying:
>
> *In component `TestAESC':*
> *TestAESC.nc:65: syntax error before `for'*
> *TestAESC.nc:65: syntax error before `<'*
> *TestAESC.nc:65: syntax error before `++'*
>
> The error messages go away as soon as I remove the for loop. Please
> let me know how to initialize the array.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time & effort.
>
> Regards,
> Nivedita Datta

Thanks.
Jenis