[Tinyos-help] Interoperability in ZigBee

Antonio Linan alinan at zolertia.com
Tue Dec 3 00:02:53 PST 2013

Your lack of google-fu is dissapointing :)

https://sites.google.com/site/compsciencemech/projects/tinyos-xbee-compliant-radio-stack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOfrPTZdosQ

I've made a Z1 talk to a XBee a long time ago for a mindless experiment,
you need to adapt the AM message format to get raw frames through the
CC2420, I just emulated the expected responses from the Xbee module,
without implementing the full stack.

http://embedntks.com/tinyos-xbee-interoperability-xbee-compatible-cc2420-radio-stack/

Cheers,

--Antonio

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Eric Decker <cire831 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Zigbee sits on top of the 802.15.4 layer.
>

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Bipin <bipinkunjumon777 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello  friend,
>>
>>     That
>

> What "that" are you referring to?
>
> Stop using adjectives and start talking explicits.
>
> The devil is in the details.
>

>>  doesn't  make  any  sense. may  be  its  not  completed...  i
>> dont  know ....
>

>> Using  the  IEEE 802.15.4  Stack  we  can  make  an  inter
>> operable  connection  to  any other  device.....
>

> I thought you were talking about TinyOS talking to Zigbee.   So why are you
> now talking about Zigbee to Zigbee?
>
> If you want to confuse the issue, fine, but don't expect to make much
> progress.
>

>> because  all  the  Zig-Bee
>> technology  uses  the  same  IEEE  802.15.4 Stack....
>

> TinyOS is not Zigbee.  There are various assumptions in the TinyOS stack
> that makes it operate as a subset of the full 802.15.4 standard.
>
> And the Zigbee stack sits on top of 802.15.4.
>

>> If  any one  have a
>> proper  direction of  making this  communication..  Please  help  me  to
>> solve this........
>>

> I don't know what you expect at this point.  We've pointed you at various
> things where other folks have looked into TinyOS communicating with Zigbee
> nodes and you keep coming back.
>

>> --

> Eric B. Decker
> Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher