[Tinyos-help] Interoperability in ZigBee

Eric Decker cire831 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 19:55:43 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Antonio Linan <alinan at zolertia.com> wrote:

> Your lack of google-fu is dissapointing :)

oh nonsense...   :-)

I pointed Bipin at the last site you mention at least a week ago.

He keeps asking why it doesn't work.

I've been saying one needs to understand what the protocols look like and
then one needs to tweak the stack so the packets look right.

> https://sites.google.com/site/compsciencemech/projects/tinyos-xbee-compliant-radio-stack
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOfrPTZdosQ
>
> I've made a Z1 talk to a XBee a long time ago for a mindless experiment,
> you need to adapt the AM message format to get raw frames

Ah, no that isn't correct.

One of the things that needs to happen to get a mote to talk to a XBee node
is the removal of the am_type field which it doesn't understand.

As soon as you do that the packet isn't AM and the stack isn't AM.

> through the CC2420, I just emulated the expected responses from the Xbee
> module, without implementing the full stack.

How did you deal with the  fixed pre-assigned 16 bit addresses that the
TinyOS side uses?

--
Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher