[Tinyos-help] TinyOS 2.x GDB dollar sign

Eric Decker cire831 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 13:58:45 PST 2013

There is a way to do it but ....

If you do a build with verbose you should see the switch that tells nesc to
use "__".   You can do a search for that switch using "grep" and that will
tell what files it is buried in.

It hasn't been done that way in a long time.   Using $ in symbol names
caused lots of problems when we moved the compiler versions forward.   That
is why we went to __  (double under).

Why are you using TinyOS 1?   That has been supported in many moons.

Current version is TinyOS 2.1.2

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Addisu Z. Taddese <
addisu at isis.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Looking at this website (
> http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-1.x/doc/nesc/nesc-debugging.html), it looks
> like GDB, at one point, supported mapping nesC names to C names such that
> M$F maps to function F in module M so that one doesn't have to write M__F.
> When I try to do this with my copy of msp430-gdb (v 7.2), it comes back
> with a "No symbol in current context" error. Does anyone know how I can get
> this functionality back?
>
> Thanks,
> Addisu
>

> --
> Addisu Z. Taddese
> Ph.D. Student
> Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department
> Vanderbilt University

Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher