[Tinyos-help] Help for installing TinyOS

Eric Decker cire831 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 00:14:28 PST 2013

That's easy.....

check out the instructions.....    at
gh:tp-freeforall/prod(tp-master)/00b_Development_Environment<https://github.com/tp-freeforall/prod/blob/tp-master/00b_Development_Environment>

and there is a section that talks about using the release repository rather
than the tip of the development trunk.  Your choice.   I work on the
development trunk but I have tons of stuff that is then put on top of that.
  I work on the gh:tp-freeforall/prod repository which is forked off
gh:tinyos/tinyos-main(master).

My current working system is based on Ubuntu 11.10 which is based off
Debian.   The tinyos msp430 toolchain is built against Debian.
 Unfortunately, 11.10 is getting rather long in the gills and is no longer
supported.

I'm currently setting a system up based on 13.10 but don't know how it is
working out yet.

Let me know any changes you would suggest to improve the instructions....

--
Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher